It’s nearly summer time! For “workers” that means taking well earned rest and recuperation with their families on the beach knowing that their bills will still be paid, their salary will remain unchanged even if they are lying on the beach for half the month.
For business owners it can be a stressful time knowing that you still have bills to pay but due to children home from school you have less working time and as so many companies slow down over the summer, less opportunities to earn money. You are also divided between working hard to bring in some money and spending precious time with your family making special memories.
So what can we do about it?
The dream is to take more time out knowing new leads are coming into your business and sales are going into your bank account, and your clients are getting served whilst spending quality time with your friends or family.
5 years ago I wrote an online sales programme, putting the best of my sales knowledge, experience and coaching activities together so clients could access it anywhere, any time and once written only involved a few minutes of my time a day monitoring and responding to the work my clients were doing on their sales pipeline.
I had already written a “lead magnet” (something of relevance and value to my prospects that they could download free of charge from my website in exchange for their contact details) of a sales quiz with free prizes depending on your score, so I could stay in touch with my prospects sending them sales tips and relevant valuable information until they were ready to buy. (See the box on your right.)
That meant that when I took 3 weeks off that year for a special birthday in Australia, I was still getting lots of new leads from my scheduled emails and some were going ahead any buying my Sales programme. So when I came home I had lots of new business throughout January without having to waste most of the month chasing it and money in the bank from the new sales. And I’ve continued to do that ever since.
- Schedule your social media so you have messages going out while you are away reminding people of the service you give and directing them to your website (Just Ask Julia how to do this if you don’t know how)
- Create a “lead magnet” for your website so people download something free of value to them so you have their contact details
- Create value driven emails that you can either send out automatically (using Mailchimp, Aweber or other) following up your new leads
- If you can, create a product or make products available on your website using Paypal so they can be bought and delivered without you having to be there.
- NEW! Book onto the free webinar “Consistent Income and Sales in Summer” on Friday 23rd June at 1pm to Summer-proof your Business so the next time you take a holiday you have all these steps (and more) in place. Recording available for those who register.
Make this summer a time of pleasure, relaxation and happy memories – you’ve earned it!